No school, sunshine, beach time, fresh fruit, long days.
It’s one of the most wonderful times of the year. Summer means a lot of different things to people. For me, it’s no more school (PTL!) and adventures.
I wanted to write a little something to inspire the summer spark in you with a few things to make the sunny times even brighter. It’s a mix of things I enjoy doing along with some things I know many other people enjoy.
- Take more time for yourself: do something you LOVE to do! For me, it’s baking and drawing. Perhaps for you it’s sleeping or going on a weekend road trip
- Travel: take a day trip to the mountains or downtown to walk around and experience new things you normally don’t.
- Shop local: I’m all about the natural stuff, not necessarily organic, but the home-grown sorta feels. I’m intentionally starting to buy my produce from local stands, because I know it’s natural and it’s supporting the beautiful place I live. Farmer’s markets are a great way to get in touch with the place you live!
- Exercise: which includes hiking, walking, biking, running, swimming, or a yoga class! Pick up something new or revamp your normal exercise routines. It’s good to get some fresh air and get your heart pumping.
- Love on others: Set up a coffee date or go over to that friend’s house that you don’t see so often during the rest of year and make a meal together. As much as eating well, exercising, and sleep are good, building friendships is important, too.
- Watch more movies: or listen to more music!
- Pamper yourself: Get a haircut, do your nails, take a bath with great bath salts, try a new diet, do a detox for your body, etc.
- Drink more iced drinks: either DIY iced tea or Starbucks iced coffee.
- Grow a plant: I’m currently growing mint, basil, pineapple strawberries, and tomatoes! You don’t have to have a big backyard to do this, just a jar or tin can and a few seeds.
- Be still: sometimes all you need is to sit in silence or on a park bench and breath a little extra.
What are some new things you want to do this summer? What does summer mean to you?
Enjoy this wonderful time of the year, friends!
“Summer means happy times and good sunshine. It means going to the beach, going to Disneyland, and having fun.” ~Brian Wilson